Society for Women and AIDS in Africa Lesotho (SWAALES) is a non-government organization implementing 4Children OVC Project in the 13 Community Councils of Maseru and Mohale’s Hoek. SWAALES is looking for Social Workers who will be implementing the mentioned project.
Job Title: 4Children OVC project – Social Worker (3)
- Job Scope:
- The Social Worker will be responsible for supervision of Case Management Workers who are based at the community councils. The community councils are Lilala, Manonyane, Maseru City Council, Mazenod, Mohlakeng, Qiloane, Ratau, Likolobeng, Kubake, Makhoarane, Semonkong, Makhoalipana and Senqunyane.
- Provide mentorship & capacity building to project beneficiaries where required.
- Oversee that Case Management Workers receive required forms as needed, i.e. availing service provision forms to the Case Workers.
- Support, supervise and monitor the Case Management Workers on their day to day engagement with beneficiary households.
- Work with community structures in the best interest of the households including overseeing appropriate referrals and follow ups and ensuring buy in of the community leaders.
- Assist beneficiaries in school enrolment and monitor performance.
- Understand and provide proper guidance on continuum of prevention care and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
- Support the engagement and inclusion of children in matters affecting their lives through youth clubs’ established in the communities.
- Create and provide a list of service providers within their respective community councils.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Case Workers to ensure and provide deliverables expected on service provision as per target.
- Mobilise health campaigns and dialogues on HTS for vulnerable children and their households.
- Acts as entry point and contact person for SWAALES in the community councils assigned to.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the services provide.
- Skill and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Management and supervision skills
- Good interpersonal skills, flexible and a team player
- Able to cope with traumatic situations
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience in NGO or USAID funded projects is an added advantage
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, CV and certified copies of educational certificates to SWAALES offices at LANFE building; Motsamai Street; Stadium Area on or before 25th September 2018 or email email@example.com. For more details contact Mr. Thabang Mafisa at +266 6275 6301, +266 5047 8070