Society for Women and AIDS in Africa Lesotho (SWAALES) is a non-government organization implementing Karabo ea Bophelo OVC Project in the 14 Community Councils of Maseru, Qacha`s Nek and Mohale’s Hoek Districts. SWAALES is seeking enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Social Workers to undertake the duties outlined below;
Job Title: Social Worker X 2
1. Job Scope:
The Social Worker will be responsible for supervision of Case Management Workers who are based at the community councils of Qacha`s Nek district and Maseru district.
• Provide mentorship & capacity building to project beneficiaries where required.
• Oversee that Case Management Workers receive required forms as needed, i.e. availing service provision forms to the Case Workers.
• Support, supervise and monitor the Case Management Workers on their day to day engagement with beneficiary households.
• Work with community structures in the best interest of the households including overseeing appropriate referrals and follow ups and ensuring buy in of the community leaders.
• Assist beneficiaries in school enrolment and monitor performance.
• Understand and provide proper guidance on continuum of prevention care and treatment of HIV/AIDS.
• Support the engagement and inclusion of children in matters affecting their lives through youth clubs’ established in the communities.
• Create and provide a list of service providers within their respective community councils.
• Facilitate monthly meetings with Case Workers to ensure and provide deliverables expected on service provision as per target.
• Mobilise health campaigns and dialogues on HTS for vulnerable children and their households.
• Acts as entry point and contact person for SWAALES in the community councils assigned to.
• Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the services provide.
3. Skill and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
• Ability and experience in delivering training to participants who do not Management and supervision skills
• Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication skills, flexible and a team working skills preferred.
• Able to cope with traumatic situations
• Demonstrated leadership and social service commitment
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• At least 2 years practical experience in NGO or USAID funded projects is an added advantage
Interested candidates should send their application including a cover letter, detailed CV demonstrating the relevance of their qualification, certified copies of educational certificates to SWAALES offices at LANFE building; Motsamai Street; Stadium Area on or before 13th November 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during office hours 08:00 to 17:00hrs and for more details contact 22325322. Applicants not contacted in 2 weeks from the closing date can assume that their application has not been successful.